MM Go World Championship 2021
The US Mental Math Federation (USMMF) and Orion Abacus Association (OAA) are proud to host the inaugural, revolutionary MM Go WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP on Saturday, July 31, 2021 (PDT). All qualified gamers will compete remotely. This is the first time in history that a mental math tournament requires no fee and is conducted on a mobile app available at everyone's fingertips.
MM Go is an online real-time multiplayer mental math battler. MM Go World Championship is a "no excuse" mental math contest created under a true state of fairness in which everyone with a mobile device is given the same opportunity, unhampered by barriers of time, space, finance, artificial prejudices or preferences. The final winners are no doubt the genuine World Champions of Mental Math
Competitions encourage practice. Participating in contests can increase the interests and confidence of children in learning mental math.
In addition to encouraging active mental activities, promoting mathematics learning, and creating friendships amongst participants around the world, other purposes of the championship also include generalizing mental math practice to all school-age students and even adults. When more people are involved, more weight will be placed in mental math, and thus the level of the skill will collectively be enhanced.
The tournament is ONGOING, free, can be joined any time on or before June 30, and we would like to invite everyone to participate. To be qualified for the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, please follow the steps below as soon as possible:
All gamers will be automatically placed in an age group by MM Go according to the exact age as of June 30, 2021, calculated based on the birth date, regardless the birth place, provided in the account. Please note that the birth date cannot be altered later so be careful when providing the information at the time creating an account.
- On a mobile device that is connected to the internet, download MM Go. Or scan the proper QR code below to download.
- Open MM Go and create an account.
- Login to MM Go
- Tap on "iQ Square" then "Upcoming"
- Start to battle at any School site that is pinned with a red shield. Once the gamer collects 5 or more Gold Apples, find a State site to battle. Once the gamer collects 5 or more Gold Cups, find a National site to battle. Once the gamer collects 5 or more Gold Crowns, s/he is qualified for the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! Or follow the paths indicated by the flow chart below to proceed.
- Collect 5 or more Gold Crowns by June 30, 2021 (PDT).
- Prepare at least 3 mobile devices to be legitimately participating the Championship remotely.
No Registration is Needed!
Reserve your place at the World Championship by obtaining 5 or more Gold Crowns on MM Go by end of June 30, 2021 (California Time) then you will receive an invitation letter from us! We salute to the effort and skills that win you the qualification so no sign-up fee is required.
Invitation letters sent out to those who are qualified for the World Championship will contain an online link for recipients to respond. Requirements for all invitees who wish to join the Championship are listed below:
All the requirements above are tentative and subject to change. So please check back often.
- RSVP via the online link included in the invitation letter.
- Provide copies of official documents and photos allowing us to verify the identity of each gamer before the specified date.
- Install certain legitimate software and test with the staff successfully before the specified date.
- During the Championship, have at least two webcams and one mic connected online. The equipment should be tested with the staff successfully before the event and set up at designated angles.
There are a total of three games of each age group: Addition/Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division. And there are a total of four age groups as listed below:
- Only a mobile device running the latest version of MM Go, v. 4.45, is allowed for each gamer to use during the Championship.
- The MM Go World Championship 2021 is an MM Go virtual meetup for gamers who obtained 5 or more gold crowns on or before June 30, 2021, to join. To participate in all three games, meaning +/-, multiplication, and division, no fee but a total of 15 gold crowns are needed.
- All gamers will answer questions independently without external aid except for papers and pencils if desired.
- A total of 3 games will be conducted: Addition and Subtraction, Multiplication, and Division. All tests should be done on the mobile app, MM Go. Three (3) minutes are given for each section. Gamers do not need to participate in all three games but have to stay in the age group according to their true date of birth which should match what is specified in the MM Go app. Or they can choose to join Group D which is for all ages. Sample questions for each group are available while playing MM Go and given below.
- If two or more gamers tie at the end of a game, the system will use the numbers of mileage points as the tiebreaker. If mileage points are tied, numbers of gold leaves, then gold apples, etc., will be used to compare.
- All gamers are required to prepare at least two mobile devices, in addition to the one that the gamer will use for MM Go so that live videos of the gamer can be transmitted to the Tournament Control Center. Our staff will contact the individual gamer to ensure the proper setup of the video devices.
- If a gamer cannot comply with the technical requirement mentioned above, the qualification of the World Championship will be forfeited.
- In addition to the mental math skills, performance of the mobile devices, internet connections, and any interruption due to unexpected failure of the software are all considered as factors of the final result.
- All results will be final after being confirmed by the Judge Panel of the event.
Players in Groups A, B, and C can also choose to battle in Group D but only one group at a time.
- Group A: 6 years old and younger (born on or after July 1, 2014)
- Group B: 7 to 9 years old (born between July 1, 2011, and June 30, 2014, inclusive)
- Group C: 10 to 12 years old (born between July 1, 2008, and June 30, 2011, inclusive)
- Group D: all ages
Both US Mental Math Federation and Orion Abacus Association sincerely invite you, all leaders in mental math profession, parents, and students, to participate in this revolutionary MM Go World Championship. The tournament will be setup in a gaming style and hence an eye-opening experience for all. The Championship will be commented and live-streamed on YouTube in real-time. The entrance qualification is to be earned, not paid for. So no signup form or a fee is needed for qualified players. Just follow the six steps mentioned above to get started, because the game is ON!
Schedule and Directions
Date and Time (all based on Pacific Daylight Time, PDT)